FABRIGAS carries out a regular inspection of Dealers and Customer’ storage areas to ensure that safety rules and regulations are adhered to.
Compressed Gas Cylinders are used in many workplaces to store gases that vary from extremely flammable (Hydrogen/Acetylene) to inert gases (Helium/Nitrogen). Many compressed gas cylinders are stored at extremely high pressures (up to 2,900 PSIG or pounds per square inch gauge). A sudden release of gases at these high pressures can cause a cylinder to become a missile-like projectile. Cylinders have been known to penetrate cement walls. If handled properly, compressed gas cylinders are safe. However, if handled improperly, the same cylinders can present a severe hazard to you and the surrounding area.
Cylinder Safety Rules:
- Absolutely NO SMOKING around cylinders!
- Always keep cylinders free and away from oil, grease and petroleum products!
- Never grease cylinder threads!
- Always transport cylinders with their caps on!
- Cylinders must always be secured in an upright position!
- Always store cylinders in a sheltered, well-ventilated area!
- Do not alter cylinder structure by welding or grinding!
- Never try to change valves on cylinders!
- Never try to fill OXYGEN cylinders with any other gases, ONLY OXYGEN!
- Fabrigas cylinders must only be refilled by Fabrigas!
Click Here to download our Cylinder Safety Rules poster.